Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Overflowing Thankful Heart


My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving because of...
* God's peace, provision, purpose, and presence in my life.

* Larry's love, prayers, encouragement and continual care 
   during these days
* Family who love me, want the best for me, provide for my
   needs, and are always ready to celebrate
* A medical team in Mexico whose procedure is making a  
   difference in diminishing my MS symptoms
* Tallowood's nonstop prayers, care, provision, rejoicing and
   love during these days
* My growing up (I know I'm still working on that) church
   home, South Main Pasadena, for showing that you can still
   go home again and when you need it most home comes to
   you
* Friends, some people I do not even know but who love my
   family and friends, have prayed, supported, checked the
   blog, and continued to encourage me during these days

This past week I felt like I needed to practice climbing the stairs at home.  It had to have been God's prompting because the doctor nor the trainer had mentioned it.  So every night I would practice.  Don't worry...I don't do tricks like this unless Larry is home.  Last night we went to a rehearsal dinner.  The dinner was upstairs and the building did not have an elevator.  Because of the practicing, I was able to go up and down the stairs without difficulty.  Thank you, Lord, for making sure that even the tiniest details are covered.

I can tell that I am gaining more strength through the weights, machines, pool, exercises at home, and diet.  My walking is somewhat steadier, more even, and faster.  There is a stretching exercise that I have not been able to do with my left leg without Larry helping every time.  This week, Larry helped with the first one each day and then I was able to do the other nine by myself.  I'm trying to concentrate on building the strength on my left side.  Too many times I let the right side "help out", so I am trying to be aware of that and make the left side do its part.

I am so grateful that you are sharing this journey with us.  You are a blessing!

Philippians 1:2-6 (New International Version)


 2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
 3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Another great week. I really look forward to checking every week. God is good all the time, all the time God is good!! I am so happy for you and Larry. Keep up the hard work.

    Love and Blessings, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie and Larry,

    Can't forget at Thanksgiving to thank the Lord for the miracle He gave my Special friends!!

    Blessings & Love,
    Jim
    >

    ReplyDelete