Saturday, December 11, 2010

Perseverance

Perseverance is the name of the game.  Exercising with weights and machines, walking in the pool, stretching, and following a specific diet are yielding positive results.  Now I need to keep up the routine so that I am adding strength and ability each day.

The walker continues to be a blessing.  Once again, God provided me with a trainer who has worked with MS patients for years.  She noticed that I tended to tilt to the right when walking with the cane, thus her recommendation to try a walker.  Last Sunday, I surprised Larry and walked from Bible Study to the Worship Center and arrived just as the 10:15 service concluded.  Previously, I waited for him to meet me and either push me in the wheelchair or help me walk with the cane.  Today, I met Larry at Discount Tires to have a new tire put on my car.  It was super windy.  We both noticed that I was able to keep my balance and walk with the aid of the walker.  I would not have been able to do that with the cane.  It seems that each week brings on a new kind of independence.  I am still careful to wait until Larry is around before I try new “tricks”. 

I am noticing some of the same parallels in my spiritual life.  Perseverance is needed for a disciplined walk with the Lord.  My Bible reading, prayer time, and worship need to be practiced every day for me to grow and gain strength in my relationship with the Father.  Then I am able to take a stand for Him, minister in His name, and follow in obedience.  

1 comment:

  1. Love you Debbie. SO true...about the parallels. Very wise and insightful.

    One of my best friends from high school is in the hospital this weekend. She was diagnosed with MS last month and is getting drugs for the symptoms. She is having some unpleasant reactions. Her name is Katie.

    ReplyDelete