Saturday, January 15, 2011

Expectant Living

Last Sunday was an exciting day at Tallowood...a new schedule with one Sunday School hour and two worship services.  The anticipation of the day, full adult choir, some new Bible Study rooms, and a wonderful time of worship, reminded me of the importance of expecting something to happen every week at church.  Knowing that God meets us there should be enough to encourage me to look forward to being with fellow believers, no matter what day of the week or time we gather, and expect God to act.

This week I have expected the exercise routine and diet to continue to make a difference in my health and mobility.  In my homework and preparation for the Tuesday Bible Study on David, I want God to show me something new each day and expectantly look forward to it.  He has been faithful.


I have also noticed this week that when I expect something, I tend to pay more attention to the details and happenings so that I don't miss out when it occurs.  

And because of what Jesus promised in Matthew 28:19-20, I can expect him to be with me all the time.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment