Saturday, January 8, 2011

One Day at a Time

I am in the process of learning the importance of living one day at a time.  It seems that when I look at the calendar and see all that is lined up for the week, with exercising, appointments, and events, I can be overwhelmed and tired before I even begin.  God is teaching me to live, appreciate, enjoy, and celebrate life 24 hours at a time.  Even though I am preparing for the future, today is the day God has given me to live.

In my Bible reading this week, I read the Sermon on the Mount.  In Matthew 6:33-34, Jesus said:
     "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."   
What wise words to live by in 2011.  (I was going to say...2011 and beyond, but I'll take it one year at a time.)

The Family Circus comic is one of my favorites.  A few years ago, there was one that said:
          Yesterday is the past.
          Tomorrow is the future.
          Today is a gift.
          That's why it's called the present.

May your week be full of gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment