Saturday, March 17, 2012

Faith brings Miracles

A dear friend gave me this cross for my birthday.  It so much represents what I want to happen in my life and heart.  Doctors and procedures are instruments, but God is the one who brings about the miracles of blessing and healing.


 Several of the scriptures in the New Testament Bible readings the past few weeks have been about healing and faith.  The following is one from Mark 10.

Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight
46 Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
48 Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 49 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”
So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.”
50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.
51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.
The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
 52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

There are important truths I am learning from “Blind” Bartimaeus.

*Even though he was blind, Bartimaeus “Saw” his need for mercy and was confident that Jesus was the one who could provide it for him.

*When the crowd told him to be quiet, Bartimaeus continued to boldly call to Jesus with his plea.

*When Jesus called, Bartimaeus jumped to his feet and immediately responded.

*Bartimaeus had a ready answer to the question when Jesus asked him “What do you want me to do for you?”  He must have thought of the opportunity of this situation over and over in his mind during the long hours of begging.

*Because of his faith, he was instantly healed.

*With new sight and insight, Bartimaeus immediately followed Jesus.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers, on my behalf, during these days.  God is faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment