Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Birthday and Some Firsts

Happy Birthday, Scott!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.  I Samuel 1:27
1st birthday
 
First day of Kindergarten
 
First day of school at the University of Nottingham
In front of the Humanities Building
 where the Department of Theology and Religious Studies is housed.
 
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.  Psalm 127:3

Scott’s birthday is on Wednesday.  Although he has traveled to England on other occasions, this will be his first time to be there on his actual birthday.  It will also be the first time he is not with any family or longtime friends around to help him celebrate his special day.  Of course, I am sure I have probably thought more about that occurrence than he has.  Thus the trip down “Memory Lane”.    
 
What I do know is that on this birthday Scott will be at The University of Nottingham studying, attending classes, writing, and working toward a degree that he has prepared for and desired for many years.  Thanks to technology, he will receive birthday greetings and know that he is loved and treasured.  And I am confident that the God who was there the day Scott was born, and has been with him every day since, will also be with him Wednesday while he is far away from home.
 
Scott, I am so proud of you and the man you have become.  You continue to be a gift and blessing to our family.  God has used your desire to follow and obediently serve Him to encourage me to want to do the same.  So whether it’s your birthday or not,
 
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:3-6
 
11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.  2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
 
And "…Surely He is with you always, to the very end of the age."  Matthew 28:20

I love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment