Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's That Time of Year

Through the years, I have realized that I have a better chance of remembering information if I not only hear and see it, but also write it down.  With the holidays rapidly approaching, since “It’s That Time of Year”, this is an attempt to “write down” lessons to put into practice and be accountable for during these coming days.

 Things to remember…and apply…
 
The hurrier I go the behinder I get.
(Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll)
 
Take the time to do it right on the first attempt.
 
Don’t get so caught up doing good things that you don’t have the time or energy for the best things.
 
Maximum overload causes minimum effectiveness. 
(Patriarchs Bible Study - Beth Moore)
 
Saying “YES” for one thing means saying “NO” to someone or something else.  Weigh your choices wisely.         
 
Sometimes it’s good to just be still.
 
Most of all, remember and experience that “Jesus is the Reason for the Season” whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, winter, spring, summer or fall.
 
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1
 
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment