Saturday, October 27, 2012

Waiting in Line

Larry and I went to a polling location near our house on Wednesday in order to take advantage of early voting.  The weather was nice and there was even a breeze as we waited in line for 45 minutes for the opportunity to cast our ballots.
 
I am grateful that:
 …I am a citizen of the United States of America.
…there was a line at the polling station because so many people were voting.  
…even though most people had never met, they were speaking respectfully to others in line.
 
…there were people from different ethnicities, age groups, and backgrounds.
…we were able to vote without any threats or violence.
 
In gratitude I will:
…pray for my country.
…pray for our elected officials.
…make sure I am part of the solution for our country and not part of the problem.
…point others to Jesus who is the only one who can give true freedom and peace for our lives, country and world.
 
 
…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.  This is good, and pleases God our Savior.  I Timothy 2:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment