Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reservation Confirmed

Whenever traveling, it’s good to have plans for a place to stay, whether it’s with family, friends, or a hotel.  It’s also comforting to know that our reservation has been confirmed, especially if the arrival time is uncertain.  There have been times when we needed to travel as far as we could for a day and then try to locate a hotel.  I much prefer the confirmation route rather than going from place to place to try to locate a place to stay.
Sometimes we get to be the ones who offer lodging when someone is traveling or needs a place to stay.  When Hurricane Ike hit the Houston area, in September of 2008, many who live in our area were without electricity for weeks and needed to go to hotels or make other arrangements while they waited for the power to be restored.  Some houses were without electricity for 2 weeks or longer.  We were fortunate in that our home and the others in our neighborhood only lost power for about 10 hours in the early morning hours of the day that the hurricane made landfall.  Since we had electricity, we opened our home to others who were without.  Some stayed for a day or two while others were here for over a week.
Reservations and having a place to stay can definitely be helpful when planning a trip or when unexpected events occur.  They can be a blessing whether you are the one receiving them or providing them.
Just like the innkeeper in Bethlehem, each day I have the choice to make room for Jesus in my life.  That’s one reservation I want to make permanent.  And I’m most grateful that Jesus has already made my reservation and confirmed my room so I can spend eternity with him in Heaven.
In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  John 14:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment