Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Broken Hair Dryer

On Thursday, when Larry was blow drying my hair, the dryer stopped working.  Larry checked the switch and the reset button to see if the dryer had tripped the breaker and shut off.  That wasn’t the problem so he moved the cord around and it began working again.  Then it stopped.  If Larry held the dryer a certain way, it would continue to blow for a while longer.  Finally, as he was trying to start the dryer again to finish the last section of hair, sparks shot out.  I quickly announced that I thought my hair was dry enough for the day; thank you very much.  Larry says I was a little more animated than that.
 So now it’s time to shop for a new dryer.  Surely there is a lesson or two I can learn and apply from this experience.
*Every once in a while it’s good to stop, evaluate, and think through things that are routine that I often take for granted.
*Just because something is working, is it working at its best potential?  Is it still what I need to be doing or has it served its purpose?
 *It’s good to try out different ways and methods when something does not work like it used to or is supposed to.
*Sometimes it’s better to get rid of the old and familiar that I am comfortable with and start over brand new.
*And sometimes the new dryer, idea, or process is better than the previous one.
Out of the generosity of my heart, I did let Larry be the first to use the new dryer to dry his hair.  That short test passed inspection.
This is a verse that I pray often these days.
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment