Saturday, January 24, 2015

Repairs



The first part of last month, Larry was involved in a fender bender which resulted in his car needing a new back bumper, side panel and other repairs.  In order to have the least amount of hassle having the work done, the insurance company had a preference for where they recommended Larry take his car.  Although it was a different type of car dealership than the make of his car, Larry was assured that they would repair the damage without having to call the insurance company for every part that needed to be ordered or repair that needed to be made.  A rental car was provided to make the process more convenient and less frustrating.  With the holidays, change in personnel at the dealership, parts needing to be ordered, and other time delays, weeks later the car was finally ready to be picked up.  Driving away from the dealership, Larry noticed that the backup sensors had not been installed.  After more phone calls, a knowledgeable representative met with Larry that knew what needed to happen to correct the situation.

If Larry had taken his car to the dealership for his type of car, the mechanics would have instantly known what parts to order and how to install them properly.  Because that is their specialty, what they work on day after day, they are familiar with what is needed for their type of car to function properly.

Just like the options for the wrecked car, there are times when I, too, look for solutions or repairs from outside sources first.  "Father, when the wrecks and fender benders in life come, help me to constantly desire to look to You first for wisdom, guidance, and instruction, knowing that You are the One who made me, knows me best, has a plan for my life, and is always with me." 

Before I was born the Lord called me;
    from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
Isaiah 49:1b

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand—
    when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment