Saturday, April 11, 2015

Waiting for the Call

The “Big Brother” and “Big Sister” gifts have been purchased and wrapped, the baby’s gift has been delivered, and the map and directions to the hospital have been printed out and are already in the car.  I have even thought through what we need to pack since this time, instead of a trip across town, we will be traveling several hours to welcome the arrival of our newest grandchild.  Now we wait for the call.  And the call came Friday afternoon!  Our newest granddaughter arrived early Friday evening.  What a sweet blessing to hold her and thank God for this precious baby.  I'll post more next week after Chad and Lori have a chance to share the news and pictures first.

Grandparents aren’t the only ones waiting to be called during these days.  Jeremiah reminds us that God desires for us to call on him.  And when we do, He has promised to answer and tell us great and mighty things we haven’t figured out.

During these days, I also desire to be prepared and ready, at a moment’s notice, to respond to God’s calling.  And when the Lord speaks and instructs, may I like Samuel and Isaiah be willing to say, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”  “Here am I.  Send me!”

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Jeremiah 33:3

The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”
I Samuel 3:10  

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Isaiah 6:8    

No comments:

Post a Comment