Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day, 2015


Unlike most Mother’s Days, I will not be home to celebrate this special day with my mother.  Her gift and card have been purchased, and will be delivered by my sister, but I will only be able to speak by phone this year.  Even though I am out of the country that will not diminish the love, admiration, and gratefulness I have for my mom.  She is definitely one of God’s sweet blessings to me.

Thank you Mom for teaching and modeling for all five of us kids what is important in life.  You have taught us to respect others, to love our family and build traditions together, the importance of giving and being thankful, and going the second mile.  You freely give of your talents and constantly look for ways to serve and honor others.  Most of all, thank you for teaching us about Jesus and showing us what it looks like to love and serve him with all of your heart.  I love you, Mom, and hope I grow up to be just like you.

Today I am also grateful for Larry’s mother.  She will again be spending another Mother’s Day in Heaven, but her influence continues on in the lives of her four children. 
I am thankful for the way Selise Bertrand loved, raised, and taught her offspring.  Her prayers and love for the Lord made a difference in their lives.  I am especially blessed by and grateful to be married to her son, Larry.

She opens her mouth with wisdom,
    and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women have done excellently,
    but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
    and let her works praise her in the gates.
Proverbs 31:26-31

I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.
2 Timothy 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment