Saturday, June 6, 2015

Thirsty



Even with the flooding, caused by the deluge of rain last week, the plants, grass, animals, rivers, and lakes are going to need rain or more water in the near future.  Although they had an overabundance of water in just a few short days, it will not be enough to sustain healthy growth and water activities for the month, rest of the summer, or year.

Liquids are beneficial for humans, too.  When we were in Cancun for my stem cell therapy, I had to fast for the two separate days of treatments.  There is nothing that makes you thirstier or hungrier than knowing you cannot have anything to drink or eat for a given amount of time.   I drank water at the last possible moment before the deadline in order to help with the process.  Due to possibly needing anesthesia, it was for my own best interest to follow the specific instructions that I had been given.  The IV helped hydrate my body, but it was with much gratitude that I accepted the bottle of water after the procedures had been completed.

As much as I thirsted for water waiting for my procedure, I know that God desires for me to thirst for fellowship with Him even more.  Once a week or on special days isn’t enough to sustain the relationship to keep it healthy and growing. Every day I have the choice to make that a priority by praying, reading His Word in the Bible, and living with faith, trust, and obedience.  Quenching that thirst isn’t dependent on the weather or a medical time schedule.  And when we thirst for God and his righteousness, he promises to fill us with life giving water. 

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Matthew 5:6

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42:1-2

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
for he satisfies the thirsty
    and fills the hungry with good things.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
    and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
Psalm 107:8-9

I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land.
Psalm 143:6

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
John 6:35

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
Revelation 22:17

Medical update:  I have been exercising every morning and afternoon this week.  I can tell I am gaining more energy and strength.  Before the treatment, my maximum time on the stationary bike was 5 minutes.  That would wear me out.  Now I am up to 10 minutes each morning and 12 minutes each evening, along with other exercises.  My legs are also not as stiff.

1 comment:

  1. Energy is always a great thing. I sure hope things get better for you as it sounds like a scary thing to go through. I went through cancer treatment a couple years ago and the wife told me to start walking more often with her. At first I thought it was silly but it worked and water is my recovery.

    Gregory Gibbs @ AQ Pure Water

    ReplyDelete