School is out! Summer is here! It’s now time for Vacation Bible School and Camp Tallowood. Children and young people have been looking forward to these two events since their completion last year. Throughout the year, preparations have been made.
Just a few of the reasons I love what happens during these two weeks each summer:
* Kids are prayed for before, during, and after camp and VBS.
* Teachers have been working for months planning, studying, and preparing the lessons and activities to share with the students. Now they will see their work in action.
* Teamwork is a blessing.
* There is much excitement among the students and teachers.
* Children, young people, and adults hear and learn about God’s love for them and a way to have a relationship with Him through Jesus.
* Hearts and lives are changed.
* God’s Spirit is felt.
* God’s Word is heard, learned, memorized, and applied.
* Children joyfully and willingly give when they hear about a missions need.
* Whether it is camp or VBS, kids enjoy being with friends and relatives.
* Sometimes it’s easier to listen and concentrate when the everyday distractions are not present.
* Sleep and rest are welcomed gifts at the end of the day.
May we as students, both young and old, be intentional about remembering and applying what we have learned, experienced, and been challenged by during these weeks. Until next year…
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15