Saturday, February 23, 2013

Will it Matter in 10 Years?

The upcoming weeks, like these past few, have the potential of being very busy ones.  Once again, there are decisions to be made about what to do or not to do.  Sometimes all events and projects can be accomplished; other times I need to give my full attention to what is best which means sometimes giving up some good things along the way so the best is achieved.  Making decisions is not always the easiest thing for me to do.  Through the years, it has been helpful for me to ask myself if what I decide will matter in 10 years.  Because if it does, chances are the choosing to do it will be worth it.
If it matters in 10 years:
*It will be worth the investment of time, energy, and effort
 
*It will help me define my priorities
 
*It’s something that will help me be more like Jesus
 
*It will be worth giving of myself and resources so others can be blessed
 
*A good attitude will be important
 
*It will make a difference in someone’s life as well as mine
 
*It will involve my heart
 
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
I Samuel 12:24
 
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.  If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
I Peter 4:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment