Saturday, February 25, 2017

Intentional Learning



Recently a friend shared two questions to ask at the beginning of each new day:
     1 What do you need me to learn today?
     2 Whom can I help today?

It seems that when I am intentional about wanting to learn, my chances to make progress are better.  Making the commitment, being accountable, and applying what I am learning can make a difference.

Last week, I had to make preparations for one of those tests that I do every five years.  I caught myself already dreading the process before it even occurred.  When I realized what I was doing, I asked God to help me to intentionally learn something in the midst of the preparation and procedure.

Things I learned:
* I get to choose my attitude.
* It’s better to concentrate on what I can do rather than on what I can’t do for 24 hours.
* What I dwell on consumes my time and thoughts.
* It’s good to keep things in perspective.
* Complaining doesn’t benefit me or those around me.
* Help and encouraging words are appreciated.
* Having things to do, notes to write, and a book to read help pass the time.
* When you look for lessons to learn, you tend to find them.
* Lessons are taught, but I must decide if I embrace and/or apply them.

No matter what the circumstance, every day I have the opportunity to seek God’s wisdom, intentionally learn what I need to know, and choose to help others.  It’s a new day and time for action.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
Psalm 89:15

I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
Psalm 119:7

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
Psalm 119:71

Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.
Psalm 119:73

let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
Proverbs 1:5

Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still; teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.
Proverbs 9:9

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
Titus 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment