This week some of our young girls at church have been to GA Camp while our junior high and high school students have been part of Camp Tallowood. They have had a front row seat in seeing God work and move. I have prayed for the campers, sponsors, and leaders this week. And my prayers continue…
Praying that you will:
* Remember who you belong to and represent.
* Know that as a believer, you are a child of the Most High God.
* Choose your friends wisely. You tend to become like those you spend the most time with.
* Continue to willingly put aside the distractions in order to hear God’s message to you. Even though it may be more difficult now that you are back home, God still desires that time and relationship with you.
* Honor, respect, and protect your body as the temple of God.
* Find people who will help you be accountable to who God wants you to be and what He wants you to do.
* Know that God wants to work in your life and have a relationship with you every day and not just the week of camp.
* Continue to have open ears and hearts to hear God’s message.
* Live in obedience.
* Love God. Love others. Love yourself.
It would be wise for us older campers to remember and apply as well.
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
I Timothy 4:12
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
2 Peter 3:18