Saturday, January 28, 2012

Father's Eyes

Just like every day, I started off the morning by putting in my contacts.  For some reason, my vision didn’t seem right.  I checked the contact case to make sure I had put both contacts in.  When both cases were empty, I decided to take the contacts out, clean them, and start over with the process.  After taking the contact out of the first eye, I discovered that I had accidentally put both in the same eye.  My eyesight certainly cleared up once the contacts were in the correct eyes.

Since I don’t have 20/20 vision, I am very grateful for eyewear that helps me see well.  Sometimes I wear glasses, but mostly I wear my contacts. I have also found that it is very beneficial to use sunglasses when I am driving or out in the bright sunlight.  Wearing 3-D glasses can even add an interesting dimension to viewing a movie.  Needless to say, I am thankful for the provision of eyewear.

But there is more to vision than just being able to see or read.  In the song, “Father’s Eyes”, Amy Grant sings of the importance of “seeing” through God’s eyes.

“She's got her father's eyes
Her father's eyes
Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help, when help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain
Knowing what you're going through, and feelin' it the same.”

Father, may my desire for perfect vision be because I want to see people, things, and situations through your eyes.

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 66:5
Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man’s behalf!

Matthew 6:22-23
“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Luke 2:30
For my eyes have seen your salvation.

John 4:35
Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment