Saturday, January 7, 2012

Engaged!

Chad and Lori are engaged!


From the time the boys were born, we have prayed that they would choose a wife who loves the Lord.  We also asked God to help each one of our sons become a godly man who would attract a godly wife.


Several years ago, Wayne Watson wrote a song entitled "Somewhere in the World".  The boys would love it when it came on the radio because I could not listen to it without tearing up.  I'm still not convinced that they did not call KSBJ to have them play it when we were going somewhere.  Brad even selected it to be played during the groom and mother dance at his wedding.  The chorus, especially, was a prayer from my heart.


"Somewhere in the World"
Chorus:
And I don't even know her name
But I'm prayin' for her just the same
That the Lord will write His name upon her heart
'Cause somewhere in the course of this life
A (My) little boy will need a godly wife
So hold on to Jesus, baby, wherever you are


God has answered our prayers and we are greatly rejoicing.  We love you, Lori.  Welcome to the family.

Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.

Proverbs 31:10
 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

3 comments:

  1. That is such wonderful news! They look like a great couple. I love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chad! That is wonderful news for your family! I always loved that song and pray the same prayer for my son Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,

    I read about your stem cell therapy journey. One of my family member has a neuro degenerated disease, he may be a good candidate for this treatment. Would u share your progress up to date? Any adverse effect etc? Thanks a million

    ReplyDelete