Saturday, March 24, 2012

Worth the Wait

About a year ago, the store where I purchase cosmetics remodeled.  On the grand opening day, they had invited representatives from different lines of cosmetics to come and offer tips and actually apply the makeup.  I had signed up, two months before, to secure an appointment time.  When we arrived, about 10 minutes early, the makeup artist was applying makeup for another customer.  One of the makeup artists from the store came up and offered to do my makeup.    Instead of waiting for the “expert” who knew the most about that brand of cosmetics and was there only for the day, I settled for someone who worked in the store almost every day with several different types of cosmetics.

Not waiting for the “expert” artist for makeup is not a big deal.  But it is important where God is concerned.  I don’t want to ever be in such a hurry that I am not willing to wait for God’s best.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Isaiah 26:8
Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment