Saturday, October 12, 2013

Knowing and Giving Thanks


It has been amazing to watch and see how God is working and blessing during these days.  From the tiniest of details to what I consider big things, He continues to show Himself faithful.  With the changing of seasons, it seems that the sunrises and sunsets have been even more breathtakingly beautiful.  I’ve also noticed in pictures posted by friends that the leaves are changing colors in other parts of the country and God’s handiwork is royally displayed.  Even the somewhat cooler temperatures and rain are reminders that God is still active in His creation.
 
So many times these past few weeks, it has been obvious that God is at work…
… in an encouraging report for a friend with cancer
… in the life of a precious six year old who has chosen to be a follower of
    Jesus
… with His abundant provision for every need for some friends who
     moved
… in the gift of life for newborns
 
I’m grateful that God cares about the little things as well.  Last week, as a friend opened one of the doors at church for me, I told her that it seems like almost every time I need a door opened that God sends someone my way to bless me.  Even if no one is in sight, they appear at just the right time.  From children, teenagers, adults, people I know or don’t know, they offer to help by opening the door.  When the policeman at church realized that Larry was not there to help me get to the car after Bible Study on Tuesday, he walked with me and offered to put the walker in the car.  And on the few occasions when I need to open a door or put the walker in the car by myself, it seems like God reminds me that even if it may not be easy, I am still able to do it. 
 
I’ve also noticed that the more I look for and observe God’s work in our world, the more of it I see.  Lord, in the days and years ahead, may I continually look for and see the ways you are at work in, through, and around me.  And may my response be quick to look up, smile and say, “I know that was you God!  Thank you.”
 
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:8
 
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment