Saturday, April 18, 2015

She is Here!

Sawyer Mae

We received the call around 4:00 p.m. that Chad and Lori were taking David and Ryen to a friend’s house and then heading to the hospital.  Although we were expecting that news sometime next week, we now needed to gather everything and leave as soon as possible.  I called Larry and then moved into high gear to have things packed and ready for when he arrived home.  Within minutes, the car was loaded and we were on our way.

Once again, I was most grateful for technology which allowed Chad to keep us updated on Lori’s progress.  Thankfully, the doctor decided to wait with them instead of heading home since it looked like the baby was coming soon.  Less than an hour after they arrived at the hospital, their baby was born!  We were still on our way.  While Larry was driving, I was quickly updating the rest of the family with Chad’s messages and pictures.      

Chad and Lori chose to wait until birth to find out the gender of their baby.  So there was much rejoicing when Chad sent the long anticipated text, “She is here!”  He also quickly reported that mom, baby, and dad were all doing well.  Chad then sent the message of the baby’s weight as 7 pounds.  Since they had selected multiple girl and boy names, we eagerly awaited their decision of a name. After a few long minutes, a picture of the marker board in their room with the baby’s name and statistics arrived.  Lori and Chad had chosen the name Sawyer Mae for their daughter.  Mae is after Chad’s grandmother’s (my mother’s) middle name.  Sawyer’s parents picked her birth name, but one day we pray that she will also choose to add an additional name, Christ follower, because of her decision to accept and trust Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

It is with much love and gratitude that we thank God for another precious life added to our family.  Sawyer Mae, welcome to God’s beautiful world!  We love you and are blessed to be your grandparents.

Lori and Sawyer

 Chad and Sawyer

Introducing Sawyer

Chad, "Big Brother" David and Sawyer

David, Chad, Sawyer, and Ryen

Chad, "Big Sister" Ryen, and Sawyer


  Granddad and Sawyer

Grandmom and Sawyer

Celebrating a new sister


Sawyer - 6 days old

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:5

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand—
    when I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment