Saturday, February 6, 2016

Being Recognized



If I were to have written out a bucket list, making a commercial or being written up in newspapers and magazines, would not have been on the list.  But because of the Celltex Therapeutics commercial, as well as the articles that have been written, people have recognized me, even without knowing me.  When Larry and I went to Hallmark a few weeks ago, one of the workers met us at the door and greeted us.  She asked if I was on a commercial on television.  When I said, “Yes” she said, “I told my husband that I knew you and that you were one of our customers.”  Another time we went to a funeral across town.  The funeral director came up to me and said he thought he knew me from somewhere.  He thought maybe he had seen me on TV.  Larry mentioned the commercial and he said that’s where he had “seen” me.  I’ve had friends find articles in their doctor’s office and bring them to me.  People see the commercial or read the articles have let me know.  When we were in Cancun, we rode the elevator to the hospital floor with people who were there for stem cell treatment, too.  As the elevator doors closed, one of the men said, “Aren’t you the one on the Celltex commercial?What a small world.  This past Monday I was at an appointment.  A lady stopped me and said she remembers seeing me about a year ago.  She commented about being amazed at how much better I am walking now.  Whether it’s at the gym, store, or just out in public, people have stopped to speak and/or ask questions.

Being seen and recognized has reminded me that people are watching and paying attention, even when I don’t realize it.  But most of all, I want to be known and seen as a follower of Jesus.  My response, tone of voice, attitude, acts of love and service are on display at all times.  May I always desire to be recognized first as a disciple of Jesus.

By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
John 13:35

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Matthew 7:12

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment