Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pouring Down



Sunday evening, as I backed the car out of the garage, it began to sprinkle.  As I eased onto the freeway, I noticed that the clouds were very dark headed into town. Therefore, I was not surprised when two exits down, the sky opened and the rain poured.  The closer I got to the church, the harder the rain fell.  As a driver, I’m a big fan of wanting to see the dividing lines for the lanes on the freeway.  When that wasn’t happening, I almost exited, with the intent of calling Larry to let him know I was going to pull over, wait out the storm, and then head back home.  What a blessing to follow an 18-wheeler.  Fortunately, the deluge eased up the closer I got to Tallowood.

In the midst of the pouring down rain, the radio station played the song “Word of God Speak.”  The words to the song gave new visual meaning to the rain storm outside and inside of me. 

“Word of God Speak”
Bart Millard

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty

To be still and know
That You’re in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I definitely needed to know that God was with me during the pouring down rain.  What a great visual to think of God watching over me while driving, washing my eyes to see Him more clearly, speaking to me through a song, and letting me stay and rest in His holiness.  Let it pour!

“You heavens above, rain down my righteousness;
    let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
    let salvation spring up,
let righteousness flourish with it;
    I, the Lord, have created it.
Isaiah 45:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment