Saturday, April 6, 2019

Guided by the Light


“To trust God in the light is nothing, but trust him in the dark – that is faith.”
~ C. H. Spurgeon

“Faith is having the courage to let God have control.”
~ Daily Dose

Recently Larry and I visited some friends who live in the country.  It was late and dark when we headed home.  Without street lights, Larry was dependent on the headlights on the car to help navigate us safely to the main road and freeway.  The experience was a visual reminder of what it looks like to take steps of faith.

* A journey begins with the first step.
* Keep your eyes on where the light is leading.
* It’s best to not concentrate on what is behind you.
* Let the light guide you.
* Sometimes you need to proceed slowly in unfamiliar surroundings.
* Focus.
* Do not be distracted by the extras along the way.
* Keep following the light.
* Make sure the light you are following is worthy of trust.

You, LORD, are my lamp;
     The LORD turns my darkness into light.”
2 Samuel 22:29

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
Psalm 119:105

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
John 16:13

He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.
Psalm 23:3

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment