Saturday, April 4, 2020

COVID - 19 #2 - Thoughts for These Days


God is continuing to provide comfort, peace, encouragement, and hope these days through scriptures and the words and writings of others.

Begin each day with a grateful heart.


Each day we must choose whether we will be bitter or better.


What comes out of us depends on what is inside of us.  Empathy, compassion, grace, patience, courage, and hope are what is needed more than ever!


“Although our building is closed, the church is open, alive and well, and doing ministry.”
~ Dr. Ron Lyles


Happiness depends on happenings.  Joy depends on Jesus.
~ Dr. Travis Lunceford


Faith alone didn’t save Noah.  He also had to build the ark.


We need to focus on Jesus and not the storm.


“If you look at the world,
you'll be distressed.
If you look within,
you'll be depressed.
But if you look at Christ,
you’ll be at rest.”
~ Corrie ten Boom


No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are, how you treat people ultimately tells all.


Faith is not an emotion.  It’s a decision to stand on God’s Word.


“I don’t want to get back to normal, I want to get back to new.”
~ Nic Allen


“I believe that as we follow Jesus through this crisis we will emerge on the other side to a place that may look like normal, but will be altogether new because we will be.”
~ Kelly Minter


Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space.  Let’s invite one to stay.
~ Maya Angelou


“It’s not the absence of storms that sets us apart; it’s the one we discover in the storm.”


“You see, the truth of the matter is fear will always knock on our door, but the truth of Christ is we don’t have to open it.”
“And could it be that all that stands between you and courage is a prayer to your Heavenly Father.”
~ Max Lucado


Make sure you stock up on compassion.


ALSO HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS IS –
Kindness, Patience, Love, Enthusiasm.
and a Positive Attitude

Don’t wait to catch it from others.
Be the Carrier.


You’re not ‘stuck’ at home…you get to be ‘safe’ at home. 
Mindset matters.


In the rush to return to normal, use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.


And the world came together as the people stayed apart.


Walk by FAITH, not in FEAR!


May these days, and the years to come, remind us that life is precious and we should not take the things we dearly love for granted.


Satan: “I will cause anxiety, fear and panic.  I will shut down business, schools, places of worship, and sports events.  I will cause economic turmoil.”
JESUS:  “I will bring together neighbors, restore the family unit, I will bring dinner back to the kitchen table.  I will help people slow down their lives and appreciate what really matters.  I will teach my children to rely on me and not the world.  I will teach my children to trust me and not their money and material resources.”
~ Written by C.S. Lewis in 1942


“When this ends,
may we find
that we have become
more like the people we wanted to be
we were called to be
we hoped to be
and may we stay
that way – better
for each other
because of the worst.
Laura Kelly Fanucci

Because of the Lord’s great love
     we are not consumed,
          for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
     great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself,
     “The Lord is my portion;
      therefore I will wait for Him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
     my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
     my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2

I waited patiently for the LORD;
     he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
     out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
     and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
     a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the LORD
     And put their trust in him.
Psalm 40:1-3

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
     that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
Romans 12:15

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again:  Rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Philippians 4:19-20

Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
Titus 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment