Saturday, May 23, 2015

One Step at a Time



Medical Update:  We know that it will take up to six months for the stem cells to perform their healing work, but I am already noticing a few changes.  I now have feeling in my left foot and can even wiggle my toes on that foot for the first time in years and my back seems to be stronger.  On Tuesday, with two funerals at church and a visit to a dear friend in the hospital that evening, I walked more and longer distances at a time than I have in quite a while.  Along with diet and exercise, I am very optimistic about the benefits of these latest treatments.

When we were in Cancun, Larry wore his “Faith Path” t-shirt one day.  As I was walking behind him, the message on the back of the shirt was a great reminder of what it is going to take on my pilgrimage to be healthier. 


Sometimes the hardest part of starting something new or continuing what has begun is to take that first step each day.  I must be willing to do my part to help ensure the best results.

I also want to be intentional about taking that first step on my faith path each day.  That journey will make a difference both now and for eternity.  May I purposely choose to walk humbly, obediently, in reverence, in service, and in accordance with God’s laws for His name, glory, and renown.   

Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him.
Deuteronomy 8:6

But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord gave you: to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”
Joshua 22:5

Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah 26:8

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.
Psalm 128:1

Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers.
Proverbs 4:14

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment