Saturday, May 16, 2015

Waiting, Going, and Giving Thanks



We’re home after receiving the stem cell treatments in Cancun, Mexico.  And now we wait for the stem cells to begin their work.  Some changes will come in the next few weeks while others could take up to six months.  Along with the waiting comes the gift of hope.

While we wait, I keep going.  It will be important to continue exercising, walking longer distances at a time, fine tuning my diet, and living life to the fullest. 

All the while, I want to have a heart that gives and expresses gratitude.  God is good all the time and His presence and blessings have been evident during these days.  I’m grateful for the prayers and encouragement of family and friends.  Whether it was a big, small, or a somewhat insignificant request, you were willing to pray on my behalf.  What a gift that was to Larry and me.  By the way, I think I was the calmest I have ever been while flying, even with a slight bit of turbulence.  Our prayers were answered!  I’m also thankful for the doctors, nurses, and medical team at Galenia Hospital who are willing to continue the stem cell treatment at this time.  I could not have asked for better care or treatment.  And I am so grateful for Larry.  He takes to heart Jesus’ command for a man to love his wife like Jesus loves the church.  His kind servant spirit makes even the difficult times hopeful and bearable.  It has been a sweet time and gift to have these 10 days together.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
I Chronicles 16:34

Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
Psalm 107:21

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I Corinthians 15:57

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:3-6

2 comments:

  1. Hello Debbie I wanted to see if you had a moment to talk to me. I am a really good friend of Dawn Harris. She shared your story with me and I find it really inspiring. I was just diagnosed and I have been really trying to figure this out. I have been attending support meeting in a monthly basis. We actual have talked about stem cell and I remember my previous conversation with Dawn. She told me to reach out to you and see if you would have time to come and talk to us in our support group that we hold. Of course I would have to see if it would be okay to invite you to share your story. If so can you call me my number is 713/503-8542 our email is juangrovas@sbcglobal.net thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juan, I just now checked this. For some reason, I didn't even check to see that I had a response. It was great to talk with you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete