Saturday, August 15, 2015

Unproductive Exercise



I seem to be very conscious of the need to exercise properly and productively these days.  Exercise is not beneficial if I do not use the correct form, the right amount of weights, or enough repetitions.  Progress can be undermined, if I am not consistent about how often I go to the gym or work out at home.  There is an adage that states, “Practice makes perfect,” but if exercise is not done correctly, it can do more harm than good.   In my case, the saying needs to say, “Perfect practice makes perfect.”

Another exercise I find myself needing to be cautious of from time to time is “Jumping” to conclusions.  Hopefully I am learning, little by little, to ask further questions and check information before making decisions based on assumptions.

Jesus even warned his followers about false prophets who would exercise the telling of falsehoods to sway people to their teachings.  Their deception could easily cause people to be led astray and lose more than just a healthy life.  May my exercise and decisions, both physically and spiritually, be productive and beneficial during these coming days.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
Matthew 7:15

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Matthew 24:24

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
I John 4:1

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
John 8:32

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
I Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment