Saturday, August 29, 2015

Back to School



Both as a student and a teacher, I looked forward to the beginning of school.  I loved the new, fresh start of learning and possibilities.  Even though I am no longer in school, these past few days have given me the sense of that same learning process.  Last Friday evening and all day Saturday, Larry and I attended “The Making of Ordinary Saints” conference at Tallowood which was led by Richard and Nathan Foster.  I took notes, listened, discussed, and tried to absorb as much as I could.  Now it’s time to read the book and begin the application process.

Then this past Wednesday night I spoke at the Celltex informational meeting about my experience with stem cell treatment.  The personnel from Celltex, doctors, people wanting to check out the possibilities for treatment, as well as other stem cell recipients were present.  I spent time preparing and practicing for the presentation. I so wanted the message to be clear and express God’s provision and hope in the process. 

In two weeks I will begin another Bible Study at church.  The study requires taking notes, homework, discussion, and then application.  My years of preparation and study at school, church, and home have prepared me for all of these.

* I need to be intentional about learning.
* It takes preparation and time to do something well.
* Sometimes other things need to be set aside for a while to have time for the task at hand.
* Learning takes time, patience, effort, and desire.
* It’s not enough to just hear about good and important practices.  They need to be applied.
* When something makes a difference in your life, it is important to share it with others.
* I’m grateful I’m not on this journey of life by myself.  I gain strength, motivation, encouragement, and insight from others along the way.
* Whether the task is for home, school, church, or work, I need to perform it in a manner worthy of being a follower of Jesus.
* All I do should bring glory to God.
* I still have some work and learning to do.

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
I Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment