Saturday, March 19, 2011

What are you wearing?


Health Update:  I’m attempting to add a third workout each week.  I am rejoicing this week remembering that it has now been months since my foot and ankle have been swollen.

Spring cleaning and organizing are continuing. It’s now time to move the winter clothes to the back of the closet and the spring clothes forward.  Progress is being made.

Speaking of clothes, this week, in my Read the Bible Plan, I again read a scripture that always amazes me.  Moses is giving his final farewell address to the Israelites, before they enter into the Promised Land, and he is reminding the people of God’s words, expectations, and provision.

Deuteronomy 29:5-6
5 During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet. 6 … I did this so that you might know that I am the LORD your God.

Paul has a word about proper attire in the New Testament.

Colossians 3:12-14
 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

That's clothing worth wearing, no matter what the season or year.

No comments:

Post a Comment