Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Birthday Gift

Ephesians 3:20-21
20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

On April 19th, Larry will celebrate 60 years of life.  Usually, the birthday person is the one who receives presents, cards, phone calls, celebrations, and well wishes on their special day.  Although Larry will be the recipient of all of these, today I am overwhelmingly grateful for God’s “Gift of Larry” to our family, friends and especially me. 

Larry, I am continually blessed because you:
Seek God’s Kingdom first,
You are the spiritual leader in our home,
You love me like Christ Jesus loves the church,
You are a godly father and teacher for our sons,
You model a life of servanthood and service. 

Philippians 1:3-6; 9-11
Thanksgiving and Prayer
 3 “I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment