Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkins

There are definitely a plethora of pumpkins around town.  You can find them at farms, in pumpkin patches, at grocery stores, schools and churches.  Some are used for carving, while others are used in decorating and baking.  Pumpkins can even be a source of inspiration, encouragement and motivation.


 And because God has transformed my life, I want to:
* Keep the “dirt” off so I can be clean and useful.
* Make sure the “yucky stuff” is constantly scooped out so it doesn’t take up residence inside me.
* Have “clear eyes” to focus and see what God is doing, where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do.
* Have a “smiling mouth” that speaks the truth in love, encourages, and invites others to know Jesus.
* Choose each day for Christ’s light to “shine through me” so others will want to know, love, serve and praise Him, too.

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment