Saturday, October 15, 2016

HE>i

Twice this week, at a store and in our pastor Duane Brooks’ Friday morning devotional, I have been reminded of the importance of recognizing, believing and responding to the belief that Jesus is superior to any and all of God’s creation.  How I choose to respond to that truth, determines the way I treat others, feel about my worth, and live in obedience to His will.  When Jesus is #1 in my life, it’s His will, His message, and His purpose that I desire. 


This week we shopped at this store in Haleiwa, Hawaii.  Earlier in the week Sarah, our niece, had worn one of the shirts she purchased there.  She explained that HE>I represents "God is greater than I."  The owners of the store are believers in Jesus Christ and use the logo on their merchandise as a way to share God’s message based on John 3:30.  According to the owner, they are a lifestyle company whose purpose is “to produce quality clothing and accessories to encourage inspire, and share the good news of our Savior, Jesus.  We do our best to create simple and original products that provide opportunities for people to share the good news with anyone who asks about our simple logo.”


Today I am thankful for and challenged by a devotional on Hebrews 1 and a store’s merchandise that remind me that every day I have the opportunity to choose Jesus to be greater and me to be less.  That’s when life has purpose and meaning.  What great news to share!

He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
Hebrews 1:3-4

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Colossians 4:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment