Saturday, December 30, 2017

Getting Ready for the New Year





Lord,
As I look forward to the New Year,
be thou my vision so that I can plan
according to Your heart and not
just my own. 
CHRISTIANITY TODAY
 

2017 is coming to a close and 2018 is quickly approaching.  Within 5 days time, Larry and I, with much gratitude, celebrate two anniversaries, 43rd wedding and 39 years of ministry at Tallowood, and the New Year.  After reflecting on 2017 it is now time to prepare for and get ready for the New Year.

I did it again!  Last night I plugged my phone into the charger.  This morning I discovered the phone had very little charge.  Upon further investigation I noticed that I had not plugged the other end of the charging cord into the outlet.  What a great visual reminder that the most important thing I need to do to get ready for this new year is to consciously make sure I am plugged into God’s source of power every single day.

Some other things to consider for the New Year:
 * Things may need to be rearranged or removed to make room for the new
* Before saying “Yes” to something, weigh what will be said “No” to in the process
* Anything worth doing is worth doing well
* Sometimes things need to be washed, cleaned up and repaired to be like new
* Be willing to change
* Growth takes time
* Look for and be the good
* Rejoice, pray, give thanks
* Remember God’s compassions are new every morning
* Taste and see that the LORD is good

May 2018 be full of an awareness of God’s presence, blessings, and best for you.  And as one of our grandkids says … “Merry Christmas and a Happy New You!”

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
   blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:8

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
Lamentation 3:22-23

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
I Corinthians 2:4-5

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.
Ephesians 1:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment