Saturday, September 22, 2018

A Timely Lesson


Two Sundays ago, there were showers of blessings both inside and out.  Due to the heavy rains and wet conditions, I decided to ride back to church with Larry on Sunday afternoon rather than take two cars for the evening service.  Since Larry had a meeting, I had an hour and a half to read and visit.  Even though I was at the church early, I was late to worship!  I thought I had plenty of time, but when I arrived at the chapel, Larry informed me that I was late.  When looking at the time on my watch, it showed I still had 12 minutes before church was to begin.  Apparently the watch battery, that was replaced the month before, was not working properly.  Since I trusted the watch, I didn’t bother to look at my phone or another source to confirm or check the correct time.

Thus, some lessons to consider:
* Sometimes an additional investment must be made to make things right (another battery)
* It takes more than good intentions to make something happen
* You can be in the building, but not in the right room and miss out
* Even when you have trusted and depended on something in the past, it’s good to check it out periodically to make sure it is still trustworthy
* Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever and always worthy of my trust

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10

But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 13:5

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 20:7

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
Jeremiah 17:7

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8

1 comment: