Saturday, October 20, 2018

Expanding the View


It seems to work best if items have their own home base.  That way they are easier to locate, especially when in a hurry.  Larry recently bought some pint sized cashew milk ice cream. He usually buys two different flavors that the grandchildren enjoy.  When I opened the freezer, I noticed that were several of one kind, but not the other.  Upon asking him if the store was out of the other flavor he responded that no he bought several of both kinds, since they were on sale, and placed the additional kind two shelves above the others in the freezer.  It reminded me of the saying, “If it was a snake, it would have bitten you.”  I just needed to expand my view.

Our grandchildren enjoy playing hide and seek.  The older kids are good about finding different places and varying where they hide.  Della, 22 months old, tends to hide in the same spot each time.  Since her face is hidden, she assumes she is as well.  Whereas you really have to look for the others, the challenge is to make Della think you don’t know where she is hiding.  Most times when Della hears, “Ready or not, here I come,” she begins squealing and giggling and delights in being found, most times running to whomever is “It” and hugging them.


Both instances have caused me to stop and think about the ways I view life. 
* Do I expect God to only work in the same ways I usually experience Him?
* Am I willing to branch out of my comfort zone and expand my view to look for and find ways God is working and join Him in that adventure?
* Do I spend time seeking God or do I expect Him to just find me?
* Do I settle for the good or seek out the best?
* Do I express and live in delight knowing that God is findable?
* Am I willing to persevere, seek, and wait on God’s timing?

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

“From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”
Acts 17:26-28

No comments:

Post a Comment