Saturday, October 13, 2018

Molded and Formed


God has gifted Ann Knoche with amazing creativity and skills as an artist.  Among her many talents is the ability to shape and form beautiful pieces of pottery.  As the wheel spins, Ann adds a lump of clay and uses her hands to form a beautiful work of art.  After painting the piece, it is fired in the kiln and readied to be appreciated and used.







Lessons to learn from a potter and clay:
* Sometimes we need to be sculpted and formed more than once before the proper outcome occurs
* As modeling clay is not too hard or too watery, we, too, need to be consistent
* We are dependent on the potter for our formation
* Yielding, flexibility, stillness, and willingness are necessary
* No two pieces/people are exactly the same
* Learned techniques help in forming different outcomes
* A work of art takes time, effort and planning
* Each person has a purpose
* Going through the fire brings out our true colors
* It’s important whom one chooses to be their potter

As I am choosing to be molded, may my prayer always be…
“Have Thine own way Lord
Have Thine own way
Thou art the potter I am the clay
Mold me and make me after Thy will
While I am waiting yielded and still”
Jim Reeves
And may I daily choose to willingly fulfill the purpose for which I was created.

Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Jeremiah 18:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment