Saturday, July 3, 2021

With Faith, Hope, Obedience

 

This past Sunday morning, Larry read the following letter at the conclusion of both worship services at Tallowood Baptist Church.

 

June 27, 2021

 

Dear Tallowood Family,

 

This morning I am sharing with you the conclusion of a call that started on January 1, 1979, when I began at Tallowood as Junior High Minister. Over the past four decades my responsibilities have progressed into my current role in leading our pastoral care ministries.

 

But in prayer over the past few months, Debbie and I have sensed that that particular call is drawing to an end, and the Lord is calling us to a new focus of our lives and ministry.

 

So, with a combination of sadness and excitement, with both grief and gratitude, I announce today that I will be retiring from my position as Tallowood’s Associate Pastor on September 30, 2021. Debbie and I look forward to being able to spend more time with one another and serve one another and our family, too. There will also be a freedom to respond to new opportunities for ministry beyond the walls of our church.

 

We don’t know all of what’s ahead, but we trust that the God who called us here over 42 years ago is calling us now just as clearly as then. To this same God, Debbie and I offer our same love, our same faith, and our same obedience for as long as he gives us breath.

 

And to you, our church family, we offer our thanks and love for all of these years and all the ones yet to come.

 

Gratefully,

Larry Bertrand

 

 

Although we do not know future specifics at this time, we do know that God will continue to be with us, lead us, and provide opportunities to further His Kingdom’s work.  In response, we desire to trust and obey.

 

 

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Jeremiah 29:11

 

Not to us, LORD, not to us

     but to your name be the glory,

     because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 115:1

 

Trust in the LORD with all your heart

     and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,

     and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

 

God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment