Saturday, November 15, 2014

Not Even on My Bucket List



Before I ever had my first stem cell therapy, I remember specifically praying that what I was choosing to do would not only be beneficial to me but would also bring healing, hope, and a better quality of life for others as well.  I wanted God’s story through me to bring Him glory every chance I had to share it.  God’s answer to that prayer is one of the main reasons that I want to be willing to talk to people when they call, email, or ask questions about stem cell therapy or other ways to improve their health. 

Then the telephone call came to ask me to consider being filmed for a commercial and documentary about Celltex Therapeutics and stem cell therapy.  Oh, my!  My first thoughts were:  OK God, I know that talking apparently doesn’t seem to be much of a challenge for me, but this is a whole new ballgame and way out of my league and comfort zone.  This isn’t even on my bucket list!  So the praying and preparation began.

The day came, and Larry and I headed for the recording studio.  After arriving and introductions being made, I met with the producer and then headed to makeup.  Then it was time to film.  The room had lots of people, cameras, monitors to view the filming, computers, lots of cords and wires, bright lights, and the whitest walls I ever remember seeing.  One of the men even brushed the wall to make sure there was no dust on it.  After seeing the white wall, I did hope that my hair would show up on the screen and not just blend in with the wall.  After sitting in the chair and being talked through the process, we were ready to go.  The man came with the slate (I asked my friend in Hollywood, Cathy White, the technical name) with my name on it!  With the “3-2-1, click of the slate, go” the filming began.  Since it is a 30 second commercial, there were people who timed each segment for the allotted limit.  I taped some parts more than once to reduce a few seconds.  After filming the commercial, we taped for the documentary which will also include other stem cell recipients.

This past Monday morning, I received a message from a friend that said she had seen me on the Celltex Therapeutics commercial during the morning news.  Celltex also notified me  that the commercial will air on KHOU, KPRC, and KTRK from now until the end of December.

Things I was reminded about during the process:
*It’s good to have helpers in new situations.
*It takes people with different talents and skills to complete a project. 
*Teamwork is important.
*It’s beneficial to know the goal and keep it in focus.
*It’s nice to have do-overs and second chances when you want to make things better.
*When you are passionate about something, sometimes you need to risk being vulnerable to share it with others.
*God asks for availability over ability.
*God’s provision is more than anything I could ever ask or imagine. 

So that’s a wrap.  I’m now waiting for God’s, “3-2-1, let’s go” for the next adventure, whether it’s on my bucket list or not. 

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19 

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. 
Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment