Saturday, November 8, 2014

With Wings and Prayers



After a month of preparation to move, a 13.5 hour flight, and 2+ hours in customs, Scott, Abby, and Mary are now home in Houston.  Larry and I are so appreciative of your prayers, love, friendship, encouragement, and support for Scott and his family during these days as they answer and pursue the next chapter in God’s call and provision for their lives. 

Please continue to pray for:
* recovery from jet lag – 8 hours is a big time difference
* God’s wisdom, peace, joy, blessings, and contentment as many decisions are made
* a home so they can be moved and settled before Baby Boy arrives in January
* an amazingly smooth adjustment for Mary as she encounters new people, sounds, places, foods, schedules
* joy in the journey

What sweet words and songs we have heard these days from Mary.  I will never tire of hearing, “There’s Granddad!”  “Hi, Grandmom!” multiple times a day.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:22-26

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
Jeremiah 29:12

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Jeremiah 33:3

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

1 comment: