Saturday, June 1, 2019

Preparation Mode


“May I love God, love people and serve others first.  May I press into Jesus and become more like Him.  May I recognize the amazing and magnificent in the everyday.”
~ Ashley Thorne


“Turn your worry into worship and watch God turn your battles into blessings.”
~ Christian Today


“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~ C. S. Lewis


Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

God continues to use His Word, His people, and things in everyday life to challenge, inspire, and motivate me to keep things in perspective.  These have been days of praying, preparation, waiting, and trusting.  Please know that your prayers, cards, notes, calls, words, sharing of scriptures, advice, and thoughtful gifts continue to be a huge source of encouragement and blessing to Larry and me.  Thank you for your willingness to share this journey with us.

On Monday, June 3, 2019, we are to arrive at the hospital at 6:30 a.m.  First on the agenda is to inject a dye that will travel to the lymph nodes.  Then I will have x-rays with surgery to follow at 10:00 a.m.  We are most grateful for your prayers.

Prayer Requests:
* To have a keen sense of God’s presence, provision, and pleasure
* Chances to be a blessing
* Opportunities to express gratitude
* For God to guide the surgeons/medical teams with wisdom, skill, alertness, and steady hands
* That my body will avoid infection
* Discernment to know when to ask for help and then graciousness to willingly accept it
* Toleration of pain
* Adapt to new sleeping position
* To have an uncomplaining spirit
* Patience in the process
* The surgery will bring about restored health with no more cancer
* Peace for Larry, our sons, family, and friends as they wait

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

So do not fear, for I am with you;
     do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
     I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

For I am the LORD our God
     who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
     I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 10:23

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
     for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
     great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

I lift up my eyes to the mountains –
     where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
     the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

“Be still and know that I am God.”
Psalm 46:10a

“And surely I [Jesus] am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:20b

3 comments:

  1. I’m praying all those same requests for you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, my prayers have begun for this surgery. You are strong in the Lord, and he will be right by your side. Love to you and Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If thou art willing to suffer no adversity, how wilt thou be the friend of Christ?" — Thomas à Kempis

    Wouldn’t you consider Debbie Bertrand a friend of Christ? If you wanted to meet Him, wouldn’t she be one of the first people you’d ask to help make an introduction? What an example to everyone in her path of what a true friend of Christ looks, acts, believes, reacts, trusts, walks, stands, resists, waits, smiles, and loves like...

    ReplyDelete