Saturday, May 25, 2019

A Plan, a Date, and Reminders


GOD
IS NOT
ASKING
YOU TO
FIGURE
IT OUT.
GOD IS
ASKING
YOU TO
TRUST
THAT HE
ALREADY
HAS.
~ TOBYMAC

Amazingly in two weeks time I have had 8 doctor consultations, blood drawn, X-rays, an EKG, mammograms, sonograms, an MRI, and we now have a plan.

The MRI on Monday confirmed that the tumor is 2.4 cm.  That finding changes the cancer diagnosis to a Stage 1B, since the tumor is greater than 2 cm.  Because the cancer is invasive, it has tentacles/feelers coming from the mass.  Due to these findings, consults with the medical team, and after much prayer, I have decided to have a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction to follow over the following three months.

I have pre-op appointments this next week with the doctor and hospital.  Surgery has been scheduled for June 3.  As of now, plans are that I will be spending one night in the hospital.  Barring any surprises in the lymph nodes or skin, I may be exempt from radiation and/or chemotherapy!

“As we live lives of worship we are setting the pattern by which we will deal with the best news and the worst news of our lives.  So whatever else we do today, let us worship God who gives and takes away.  Let us bless his name.  Nothing in all creation can separate us or our loved ones from God’s love.” ~ Dr. Duane Brooks

Reminders:
* Two sets of ears are helpful in recalling important information.
* Because doctors and other medical staff have diligently studied, prepared, sacrificed free time and pleasures for a season, and established practices, surgery is an option to bring about renewed health.
* Be intentional on how to spend time and energy.
* May I be as willing to get rid of sin in life as I am to get rid of the cancer.
* I get to choose my attitude.
* Focus on ways God is moving, providing, and blessing.
* Look for ways to honor, serve, and be a blessing to others especially during these days.
* Have a grateful and appreciative spirit.
* Keep eyes on Jesus at all times.  

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
     His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:5

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”
Philippians 2:14-15b

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this update. I’m having a bigger surgery Tuesday morning, as I am having to trust the experts as well. Praying for you and your peace as you move forward in your battle with this common foe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you as you take every step of this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying His peace and super successful surgery with complete and speedy healing along with clear margins and lymph nodes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I am so excited for you to get rid of this cancer. This really touched my heart - “May I be as willing to get rid of sin in my life as I am to get rid of the cancer.” I’ve put your surgery date on my calendar. I’m already praying for you now and will certainly be praying for you on June 3. Love you.

    ReplyDelete