Saturday, January 5, 2019

A New Year


“Our hope is not in the new year…
but in the One
who makes all things new.”


“If you’d like to have a New Year’s resolution,
resolve to be pleasing to the Lord.”
~ John MacArthur


Tomorrow is the first blank page
of a 365 page book. 
Write a good one.
~ Brad Paisley


A NEW YEAR IS NOT
A NEW BEGINNING.
LIFE ISN’T MADE
OF FINITE CHAPTERS.
-------------------------------------
WHAT JANUARY BRINGS
IS PERSPECTIVE,
WHICH IN TURN ALLOWS
US TO CELEBRATE
SUCCESSES, BUILD ON
HARD-LEARNED LESSONS,
OWN OUR SHAME AND
FAILURES AND ENTER MORE
FULLY INTO THE REDEMPTION
CHRIST OFFERS.
~ Michele Phoenix


“May I never forget on my
best day that I still
need God as desperately
as I did on my worst.”
Jeremy Binns


Always pray to have
eyes that see the best in people,
a heart that forgives the worst,
a mind that forgets the bad,
and a soul that never loses faith in God.


“The secret is Christ in
me, not me in a different
set of circumstances.”
~ Elisabeth Elliot


DON’T FORGET
THAT MAYBE
YOU ARE THE
LIGHTHOUSE IN
SOMEONE’S STORM


“Let Them See You”
Jason Weeks, Scotty Wilbanks

With every breath I breathe I sing a simple melody
But I pray they’ll hear more than a song in me

Let them see You in me let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You, let them see You in me

As we begin a “New Year”, may our desire and prayer be that through our thoughts, words, actions, and reactions people will see Jesus in us.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
     and renew a steadfast spirit with me.
Do not cast me from your presence
     or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
     and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. He old has gone, the new is here!
2 Corinthians 5:17

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33

Above all else, guard your heart,
     For everything you do flows from it.
Proverbs 4:23

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
     And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
     and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment