Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Cancun Post #8

Cancun Post #8
January 16, 2019

The stem cell infusions are complete!

Thank you so much for being a part of this journey with us.  God has used your prayers, words of encouragement, and friendship to bless us beyond measure during these days.  I slept well last night and woke up with a Christmas like anticipation and excitement.  

We had breakfast with toddler Lucas and his mom.  Larry prayed for Lucas to be well enough to fly home so their family can be united again.  And then Melissa prayed for me, my treatment, and healing.  What a sweet gift on this treatment day.

The infusion group and family members met in the lobby and we proceeded to the elevator.  One of the ladies we met, who is also having treatment, lives just a few miles from us.  Larry gave her my information so we can keep in contact.  Just like in 2015, we ended up taking another elevator to receive the treatments and passed the sign that says, "Some things have to be believed to be seen!"  I am accepting that as God's gift and challenge to me.

I am including a few more pictures of today with more information noted.  Since having the treatment last Friday, I now had additional questions and things to look for and document.  

 The Son provided a beautiful sunrise


 Nurse Elizabeth was able to insert the IV on the first try!

 Veronica is the Celltex contact in Cancun

 
Checking and double checking that the stem cells are mine



 Double checking my stem cells before the intranasal



 First step is to take a big breath by mouth and 
hold it for 10 seconds during and after infusion

 Breathing out slowly through the mouth


 The bed is tilted back 60 degrees for the intranasal infusion

I stayed tilted back for an additional 10 minutes
after the procedure

After the infusion, Larry prayed for God to continue to bless and use Dr. Salazar and Dr. Camarillo as they continue to study, learn, administer the stem cell infusions.  

I was able to meet the lady from New York that I had corresponded with before she had her afternoon treatment!  More news about that on Saturday.  

Prayer requests:
* gratitude to God for His provision during these days
* that the stem cells God created will be used to bring about healing
* for God's love and light to be evident in our lives in our thoughts, actions, reactions, and deeds
* safe travels home on Thursday - and no turbulence

I love you, LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
     my God is my rock, in whom I  take refuge,
     my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-2
 






















No comments:

Post a Comment