Monday, January 14, 2019

Cancun Post #6

Cancun Post #6
January 14, 2019

There were rain showers and misting rain all day long.  We were able to walk outside by the pool on the roof between the showers.  The top floor also has a gym. While Larry exercises, I walk laps and enjoy a beautiful view of the city through the huge plate glass windows.

Since we didn't make plans for other activities, due to the rain, we accomplished quite a bit by staying at the hotel.  Larry was able to take care of some necessary work business and I finished a book with another ready to start.  In between times, we walked laps in various places, did some visiting with hotel personnel, and enjoyed not being in a hurry.  We'll both have our 10,000 steps before dinner time tonight.

One of my prayers for this week has been that I would somehow have an opportunity to adequately express my thanks and gratitude to Dr. Salazar, Dr. Camarillo, and the medical personnel for their willingness to take a risk to add the administration of stem cells to their practices.  There seems to be so little time during the procedure to do that, but it's something I really wanted and needed to do.  I had even thought about it again this afternoon and prayed that God would give me the chance to do that.  While I finished walking around the hotel lobby, Larry had already completed walking the long hospital hallway.  He had seen Dr. Salazar and Dr. Camarillo and they had spoken.  Larry came and met me just as I was entering the hallway and told me the doctors were there.  Have you ever been overwhelmed that God was answering your prayers in a way you hadn't planned and was giving you a desire of your heart?  I was able to sit with the doctors and express everything I wanted to say and listen as they talked about the blessings of seeing people have a better quality of life.  

Grateful today for all of you who continue to pray for Larry and me, for changes in weather, for a loving God who gives you the desires of your heart when you delight in him, and for joy and hope in the journey.  

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.
Psalm 66:19

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:3-6

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I have tears of joy welling. What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete