Saturday, January 19, 2019

What Now?


The stem cells have been infused, we had a smooth flight home, suitcases are unpacked, and the wash has been completed.  What now?  Due to the stem cell treatments, there are changes I will begin to experience immediately while others will take several months to be noticeable.  Since no two people respond exactly the same it will be interesting to see and document the discoveries.  That being said, by the second day, after the first infusions, I was aware of better circulation.  My hands and feet are not nearly as freezing cold as they usually are.  My sleep seems to be more restful as well.

And now we begin the process of waiting, watching, and observing.  On the day of my last infusions we briefly met a lady and her husband that I had kept up with for over a year.  It was great to put a face with the real live person.  Since she was going for her infusions, our meeting was brief.  Later that afternoon Larry and I were walking the long hallway in the hospital to get in more steps for the day.  On the way back up the hallway we noticed that the hallway had recently been mopped and was still wet.  Not wanting to walk on a newly cleaned floor, or slip, I suggested that we walk outside to the entrance of the hotel instead of waiting for the floor to dry.  We walked a few yards and met up with Katy and her husband!  She had completed her infusions and they were waiting for the van to take them back to their hotel.  I am acknowledging that as another of God’s gifts and not just a coincidence that we were able to visit with them again.  Katy has been all over the world and US to seek treatments for her MS.  She even went to Russia for the 30 day isolation procedure.  Her husband said that the intranasal infusion has by far had the greatest results for Katy.  Although they noticed changes along the way, months four and five brought about the biggest differences.  What a blessing of encouraging words!

So what happens in the meantime?  I continue to live each day to the fullest.  God is continuing to teach and remind me of so many lessons in the process.

The week before we left to go to Cancun, I was talking to someone about going to Mexico for the treatments.  I felt as if God said, “Your being in Cancun for stem cells may not be the only reason or most important reason for you going there.”  Due to that, I wanted to constantly be on watch for ways and opportunities to join God in his work.  I want to be more like that every day while I am home, too.  I also want to take the time to express and show my appreciation whether it’s to doctors, PSA employees who are doing their job without pay during these days, family, friends, or others I encounter.  It also means I need to be willing to exercise and eat nutritionally so the stem cells have the greatest environment to do their work.  Above all, I want God be glorified in my thoughts, words, actions, reactions, and deeds.

A friend recently sent this saying to me.  May this always be my desire.


 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:36-40

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
Psalm 115:1

No comments:

Post a Comment