Saturday, October 23, 2010

Let the Marathon Begin!

The exercising has begun.  I’m going for the marathon…26.2 miles…just not all at once.

We walked again, Thursday, two more sidewalk sections than before.  It took 35 minutes because I was a little tired.  Kind of felt like I should have packed a picnic dinner to have at the half way point.

Friday night I was able to get up from one of the big, soft chairs in the family room by myself.  It wasn’t graceful, but I wasn’t necessarily graceful before having MS either.  I called Larry into the kitchen Friday night to watch me walk.  I was walking with a somewhat even gait and a faster pace than normal.  I am still being cautious and not too daring at this time, especially when I am by myself, but the improvements have been exciting.

Saturday morning we went to the gym to work out in the pool for an hour.  You would have thought I was in freezing water the way my legs reacted to going in at first.  The doctor said walking in the pool would be one of the best ways to retrain my brain for how to walk correctly.  I did a few other exercises as well.

This next week I will swim again as well as work out with a trainer who works with MS clients.

Please pray for the swelling in my right leg and foot to continue to go down, along with the bruising.

I’ll try to update the blog at least every Saturday.  Hope you have a blessed week.

2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting! Thanks for the update!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Will look forward to future news of more progress!

    Love,
    Mary Grace

    ReplyDelete